We run weekly sessions and events to bring people together, improve well-being and reduce social exclusion. Ekta-Unity is run by volunteers for the benefit of the public and our local community.
The aims and objectives of Ekta Unity:
The group will utilise the skills, knowledge and experience of its members and local residents to achieve its aims & objectives:
– Organise activities/ projects to promote community cohesion city wide;
– Signpost people to relevant agencies as needed;
– Deliver initiatives to promote health and wellbeing of people from all backgrounds and beliefs;
– Organise classes, courses and training sessions to enhance skills, aspirations and confidence;
– Deliver projects/ activities to build positive relationships between families;
– Set up projects to encourage young people to positively engage with elderly people to bring respect and trust amongst each other;
– Support initiatives for people from different backgrounds, ages and communities to come together;
– Network with other agencies to share information, resources and support network;
– Work in partnership with other groups/agencies in the community.
“Our members have a variation of needs ranging from being wheelchair dependant and various other mental and physical disabilities”
Ekta Unity Board of Trustees