In light of this unprecedented situation regarding the Corona Virus, the Board of Trustees of Ekta-Unity have decided to cancel all of its activities and events until further notice.
Our local priority is to keep our service users and volunteers at Ekta-Unity healthy, safe and protect them from getting infected.
The continued Public Health England advice is to have good hygiene as this is the best prevention and there are some simple steps you can take to protect yourself and your family by washing your hands regularly and thoroughly and if you cough, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue. If you have recently been to one of the affected areas and are feeling unwell, you should phone the NHS 111 helpline for further advice straight away – don’t go to your doctor or a hospital. If you are experiencing symptoms, visit the NHS 111 website or ring NHS 111 and a test will be arranged if you are at risk.
A simple and effective way to protect yourself from coronavirus is by making sure you wash your hands frequently with soap and water, or a hand sanitiser if you are out and about. It’s particularly important to wash your hands once you get home or arrive at work or before you prepare or eat food.
How to avoid catching or spreading the virus:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do. Use this service if:
- you think you might have coronavirus
- in the last 14 days you’ve been to a country or area with a high risk of coronavirus – see our coronavirus advice for travellers
- you’ve been in close contact with someone with coronavirus
The UK Government and the NHS will keep people informed of new advice and developments. Please check the following sources of advice frequently:
The UK coronavirus (COVID-19) page will keep you in touch with how the Government is responding.
The NHS coronavirus (COVID-19) page includes a wide range of health-related information.
If you are planning to travel abroad check the Foreign and Commonwealth Office travel advice page
“Thank you for your support regarding this matter and I will keep you notified of any changes to the situation. If you need any help, support or wish to speak to someone – please do not hesitate to contact any of our Trustees, Session Workers or Volunteers. We are all here to help and support you”Suman Ghaiwal: Chair of Ekta Unity